Chics @ The Chicks
28 Mar 2019
Marsden Cove Fishing Club , Ruakaka
Chics @ The Chicks is our annual event for the women fishers to strut their stuff.
The 10th anniversary of this popular competition is being held on:
- March 28 (briefing)
- March 29
- March 30
Please fill out our registration form to secure your place in this fun event.
Ticket price includes dinner on Saturday night at 7pm.
Non-anglers are also welcome to purchase dinner tickets.
Tickets can be collected from the MCFC clubrooms prior to the tournament or on registration night. Please bring your confirmation email with you.
Please note – Tickets must be purchased prior to fishing – No Ticket – No Weigh In.
Categories for the Metalcraft Ultimate Angler
- Tagged Marlin: 50 points, max 1 per day
- Snapper: 3 points per 100mm, max 1 per day
- Kingfish: 3 points per 100mm, max 1 per day
- Trevalli: 2 points per 100mm, max 1 per day
- Kahawai: 2 points per 100mm, max 1 per day
- John Dory: 3 points per 100mm, max 1 per day
- 1st place: $1200 plus a custom fishing rod and reel
- 2nd place: $800
- 3rd place: $500
The ticket prize this year will be a two-day charter on the Arenui, a 47′ custom built game boat. The prize includes:
- Two full days and one night on board for the winner and three friends.
- A custom built fishing rod from Offshore Custom Rods.
- Five DTF game fishing lures.
For the first time ever in the history of the Chics, there is a Junior Section for anglers aged 11 to 16 years.
- 1st place: Paddle board package
- 2nd place: Fishing package
There will also be lots of spot prizes as well as the goodie bag and more…
- All local authority and national maritime rules and laws apply to all competitors.
Channel 16 – Maritime Distress Calls
Channel 05 – Coastguard for trip report
Channel 18 – Marina Channel
- All competitors on boats must have lifejackets.
- All fish weighed in must be caught by the ticket holder.
- Tagged Marlin must have a photo of the fish tagged, sent ASAP.
- Other species must have a photo of the fish against an authorized measure board, or if intended to be brought in for the weight-related prize, can be measured and recorded at the weigh station.
- The Weigh Master’s and Event Organiser’s decision will be final.
- In the event of a draw, the FIRST FISH weighed in will be the winner
- Choose your fish carefully, as legal limits and sizes apply
- All kingfish weighed in must be a minimum of 850mm in length
- Competitors should weigh in heaviest fish only.
- Weigh Station closes at 4pm on Saturday.
- Place on wet towel in a secure flat place
- Measuring – Place the fish on the tape or on a measuring mat
- Fish length is measured from the tip of either the upper or lower jaw to the V in the tail.
- Photo submitted must be in landscape format
- Photograph – head, tail and whole fish. Measurements must be visible.
- Check your photos before releasing the fish. If there is any doubt about the numbers on the tape measuring mat not being legible, take another picture.
- In the case of two identical measures, the first fish photo presented will be the winner.
- The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
Competitors enter at their own risk
THE EVENT ORGANISERS, CLUB AND EVENTS SPONSORS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR OTHER.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Purchasing a ticket is confirmation that you agree with the terms and conditions of the organizer.
View full competition rules